I sat down for an hour long conversation with Leanne, a social media content creator who is an advocate for Polyamory on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Subscribe to the entire podcast series of 14 episodes here.
Polyamory challenges traditional love and many societal norms, but one aspect that is not often talked about is how it can be a tool for anti-capitalist revolutionary change.
Roy (@openrelating) is a polyamorous personal coach who specialises in helping people of all relationship orientations discover and design their own unique, authentic, conscious and intentional relationships.
Together we discuss:
- Roy’s journey to polyamory and, in particular, his story as a victim of abuse by a partner in his first nesting non-monogamous relationship
- How polyamorous people face unique challenges when they are in toxic non-monogamous dynamics when it comes to seeking support or recognising the red flags in the first place
- How polyamory challenged Roy’s toxic masculine beliefs as a man who grew up in macho culture
- How polyamory can be used as a tool for building community, challenging the nuclear family, combating materialism, competitiveness and scarcity that is taught by capitalism, and much more.
- Why Roy uses the term Multigamy instead of Non-Monogamy.