Open Relating is not just a practice. It is my view of the world and all human relationships.
I offer coaching to individuals, couples and polycules. I can help with relationship issues, honesty and authenticity in relating, life transformation and major life crises.
My support is offered as a mentor, consultant and coach. I use a variety of methodologies I am trained in, along with my extensive lived experience, to best support you with your journey.
I offer therapy following the Psychosynthesis modality, currently under supervision. I am a trainee therapist (in Psychosynthesis psychotherapy training) working with a supervisor. My support to you is based on lived experience, a great deal of self-experimentation, exploration, a range of educational courses and 7+ years of running workshops and facilitating groups.
In 2021 I launched a course on creating an abundance mindset, that helps people challenge their preconceptions and inherited beliefs, to build authentic relationships.
My recorded workshops and webinars are available for free or a small fee.
I have had a varied career in business development and marketing for 20+ years, living on different continents and collecting many life experiences. I have lived in Europe, the Middle East, North America and Asia.
My first 20 years adulting were unconsciously monogamous by default. I was in several long term relationships including a marriage, and also became a father.
I briefly (and rather ignorantly) experimented with an open marriage and long distance non-monogamy, which unsurprisingly, considering my lack of experience and knowledge, didn’t work out.
Then a personal and financial crisis in 2010, forced me to completely re-evaluate my life and values, go through therapy and dig deep inside for self–awareness and self-love.
I was introduced to consensual non-monogamy in 2011, and have identified as polyamorous since, experiencing a wide variety of relationship dynamics in the spectra of multigamy. I have assimilated knowledge from diverse sources and, most importantly, have made my own mistakes, and learnt a great deal from them.
In the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic, these experiences led me to train in psychotherapy following the Psychosynthesis modality, and formalise what had been a hobby since 2014. I’ve been giving talks, facilitating discussions and holding workshops about non-monogamy, sex positivity, consent and kink to audiences of up to 300 people.
I draw on my training modality, Radical Honesty, Non-violent Communication and Wheel of Consent training. I offer coaching and mentoring to individuals, couples and polycules. I can help you with relationship issues, honesty and authenticity in relating, life transformation and major life crises.
This song really resonates with me, I invite you to listen to the lyrics and enjoy.
My focus is on open, conscious communication and empowering people to build autonomous, connected, interdependent relationships. Book a free appointment with me today.
Read my latest blog articles
- Is Polyamory an Orientation or an Adaptation?Polyamory as a call to Self The exploration of alternative relationship dynamics beyond Monogamy has increased dramatically in Western societies in recent years. While Monogamy has been the default and traditional way of relating for romance and sex in modern history, there have throughout history, been people who challenged the norm and human evolution contains …
- Audio: Roy guest on the S3xplosion! Podcast(publish date: 22 November 2022) Speaking with Caroline Chénier about multiple lovers, Polyamory and how mainstream media often gets it wrong.
- Glossary of terms for expansive relationshipsThis is an ever evolving glossary of terms that are used in expansive relationships. This includes conscious monogamy, multigamy (non-monogamy), singledom and other dynamics. Click on a term to expand and read about it. If you are looking for a term that you cannot find here, please submit it via the contact form. A B …
- Roy speaking at the Temples of Eros socialThe conscious sexuality community in London invited me to speak about Expansive Relationships. The recording of my short talk is below. It was followed by a lengthy Q&A session which I did not record, to preserve confidentiality. Open Relating is not, contrary to what some people ask me, about open relationships. Instead, it’s a path …
- A reflection on the common refrain ‘I barely have time for one partner, let alone multiple’Do people who practice polyamory just have loads more free time? I hear variations of this argument a lot, from monogamous people: I barely have time to be with one partner, how can I possibly manage several partners? or It’s already totally draining to spend time with my husband, why would I want to add …