As a relationship coach and counsellor, I offer support and guidance to individuals and partnered people both online and in-person. I use a variety of methodologies I was trained with, along with my extensive lived experience as a multilingual and multicultural global citizen.
After a long career in marketing and business development in the tourism and retail sectors, working in large companies and as an entrepreneur, I have changed directions in 2021. The COVID-19 crisis prompted me to retrain for a new career in mental health and wellness.
This is what those who know me, say about me:
- Attentive and empathetic space holder
- Pragmatic, direct and analytical
- Focused on growth, empowerment and independence
- Accepting and affirming of gender, sex and relationship diversity
- Oriented towards system dynamics in relationships
- Has a good balance of gentleness and firmness
- Possesses the ability to apply skills across multiple disciplines
- Has a passion for mentoring and coaching
I offer coaching and counselling following the Psychosynthesis modality, and am accredited by NCPS. My support to you is based on lived experience, a great deal of self-experimentation, exploration, a range of educational courses and 7+ years of running workshops and facilitating groups. I have training in Radical Honesty, Non-violent Communication and Wheel of Consent.
All my recorded workshops and webinars are available. Many for free and some for a small fee.
I have lived adventurously and curiously and had a varied career in business development and marketing for over 20 years, living on different continents and collecting many life experiences. Over this time, I’ve lived in Europe, the Middle East, North America and Asia.
My first 20 years adulting were unconsciously monogamous by default. I was in several long term relationships including being married and becoming a father. Briefly (and ignorantly) I’ve experimented with an open marriage and long distance non-monogamy, which unsurprisingly, considering my lack of experience and knowledge, didn’t work out.
A personal and financial crisis in 2010, forced me to completely re-evaluate my life and values, attend therapy and dig deep inside for self-awareness and self-love.
Since a chance introduction to non-monogamy in 2014, I have identified as polyamorous, experiencing a wide variety of relationship dynamics in the spectra of multigamy. Assimilating knowledge from diverse sources and making many of my own mistakes, I’ve learnt a great deal over the past 10 years which I share with my clients in our sessions.
Since then, I’ve been giving talks, facilitating discussions and holding workshops about non-monogamy, sex positivity, consent and kink to audiences of up to 300 people. In the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, these experiences also led me to train in psychotherapy. I can help with relationship issues, honesty and authenticity in relating, life transformation and major life crises.
Polyamory is my orientation, not a choice
In monogamy, I felt restricted (not through the fault of my partners, we didn’t even know of the option). I now know that when I feel free, I am the best version of myself and my partners also benefit from that.
The increasing complexity of human life means that expanding the options for human connection and intimacy can be seen as part of social evolution. In Western culture, at least, people have created a society that values individualism, and pushes us to seek happiness as an ideal.
What multigamy brings is a path to more intimate social connections that combines our individual needs with stronger social ties to community. Having the choice to explore deeper connections with more people can be seen as an evolutionary force.
This is not a suggestion that there is anything wrong with choosing monogamy. I support all and any consensual relationship dynamics and structures that bring enrichment and purpose to the individuals involved. The basic toolkit we all need for healthy, intimate, autonomous and boundaried relationships remains the same.
Empower yourself with open, conscious communication and autonomous, connected relationships. Book an free with me today to embark on your journey of growth and transformation.
Read my latest blog articles
- Audio: Interview (part 2) with Roy on the Normalising Non Monogamy PodcastPodcast release date 17 January 2024 From podcast description: Roy first came on the podcast with his partner Jessie back on episode 182 and now he’s back to give us an update and to dig into his personal journey a bit deeper. This episode stands on its own and afterwards you can go back and …
- Healing from trauma – an analogySometimes, a suitable analogy helps imagine something better than any direct explanation. If you can imagine it, it is also possible to get there. Picture yourself on a ship floating in the ocean. It is dark and you don’t know where you are. It’s the middle of the night. Suddenly a large powerful wave hits …
- Inter-relationship power dynamics in multigamyIs hierarchy good or bad? This question was inspired by one of my partners who saw an Instagram post portraying hierarchy in polyamory as something that is always inherently unethical, and rooted in colonialism. The account in question (@decolonizing.love) is dedicated to giving voice to marginalised communities within polyamory and in a broader sense, and …
- What to think about when opening up a monogamous relationshipAs a relationship coach, I regularly work with couples who come to me at various stages of their journey into multigamy* (non-monogamy) with challenges, seemingly impossible conflicts, resentment and triggered fears. It is rare to meet a couple that book to work with me immediately a the start of their opening-up exploration, but it does …
- Interview with Roy on Sensuali.comI was recently interviewed by Sensuali.com about my practice and my experience and beliefs around relationships. The interview in full is available on Sensuali.com. It is a community and resources for sex positive, shame-free support and services. They believe sexuality should be explored without shame or restrictions. Sensuali gives you the power to offer or …
This song really resonates with me, I invite you to listen to the lyrics and enjoy.