Open Relating is not just a practice. It is my view of the world and all human relationships.
I offer coaching to individuals, couples and polycules. I can help with relationship issues, honesty and authenticity in relating, life transformation and major life crises.
My support is offered as a mentor, consultant and coach. I use a variety of methodologies I am trained in, along with my extensive lived experience, to best support you with your journey.
I offer therapy following the Psychosynthesis modality, currently under supervision. I am a trainee therapist (in Psychosynthesis psychotherapy training) working with a supervisor. My support to you is based on lived experience, a great deal of self-experimentation, exploration, a range of educational courses and 7+ years of running workshops and facilitating groups.
In 2021 I launched a course on creating an abundance mindset, that helps people challenge their preconceptions and inherited beliefs, to build authentic relationships.
My recorded workshops and webinars are available for free or a small fee.
I have had a varied career in business development and marketing for 20+ years, living on different continents and collecting many life experiences. I have lived in Europe, the Middle East, North America and Asia.
My first 20 years adulting were unconsciously monogamous by default. I was in several long term relationships including a marriage, and also became a father.
I briefly (and rather ignorantly) experimented with an open marriage and long distance non-monogamy, which unsurprisingly, considering my lack of experience and knowledge, didn’t work out.
Then a personal and financial crisis in 2010, forced me to completely re-evaluate my life and values, go through therapy and dig deep inside for self–awareness and self-love.
I was introduced to consensual non-monogamy in 2011, and have identified as polyamorous since, experiencing a wide variety of relationship dynamics in the spectra of multigamy. I have assimilated knowledge from diverse sources and, most importantly, have made my own mistakes, and learnt a great deal from them.
In the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic, these experiences led me to train in psychotherapy following the Psychosynthesis modality, and formalise what had been a hobby since 2014. I’ve been giving talks, facilitating discussions and holding workshops about non-monogamy, sex positivity, consent and kink to audiences of up to 300 people.
I draw on my training modality, Radical Honesty, Non-violent Communication and Wheel of Consent training. I offer coaching and mentoring to individuals, couples and polycules. I can help you with relationship issues, honesty and authenticity in relating, life transformation and major life crises.
This song really resonates with me, I invite you to listen to the lyrics and enjoy.
My focus is on open, conscious communication and empowering people to build autonomous, connected, interdependent relationships. Book a free appointment with me today.
Read my latest blog articles
- Audio: Roy guest on the Secrets of Sex podcast(published date: 3 August 2022) Speaking with Cassidy about the misconceptions of Polyamory in the mainstream mindset and how we can change that. From the episode description: Today I speak to Roy Graff, founder of openrelating.love & co-founder of Polyamory Day. Roy offers lived experience based therapy to his clients, he is also trained in …
- What does it mean ‘to seek balance’?In the default, mono-normative relationship model, wanting a balanced relationship means both partners put in the effort and enjoy the rewards of the relationship equally. Clearly, balance is not inherent to relationships and is not always desirable to either partner. So long as there is a clear, consensual agreement between all parties, it is generally …
- The OPP ruleOr to make it gender-neutral, the O.G.P rule (one genital policy) To the uninitiated, here is what it means: A one penis/vagina policy refers to when a one or both people in a couple insist on an agreement that limits their partner in who they could have sex with. In heterosexual couples, it means my …
- Why did I choose solo-polyamory for myself?What is solo-polyamory? A custom designed relationship dynamic that centres my relationship with myself. I am making a conscious decision not to seek out or work towards having a primary and/or nesting partner. Each person may practice solo-polyamory differently and the only constant is that you have a primary relationship with self. Materially, I am …
- Relationship Confessions – anonymousIf you could say anything to your partner without fear of hurting them, or fear they will reject you, what would you say? If you could ask for anything of the person you most want to be with, when all obstacles were removed, what would it be? I am collecting anonymous shares from people who …