Being raised on a diet of monogamous romantic fantasies, most people develop a mythological sense of what healthy relationships look like. Once we recognise love as separate from ‘meeting needs’, we are on our path to a better way of loving ourselves and others. We can design our relationships in any way that makes sense to us and our partners.
If what society says we should be doing feels unnatural, then do it differently. Nothing is ‘default’ or ‘natural’, except what feels natural to us. When there is an internal struggle, it is often because we inherit a set of values and expectations from our community, family and tribe that are at odds with what we feel inside.
The course consists of 4 workshops, 2 hours each, held weekly via Zoom.
Each group will have no more than 8 people to ensure an intimate and supportive space.
Every week there will be a further drop-in hour to discuss the topics and answer questions, as well as thought exercises to do at home.
- Week 1. What are the monogamyths that help create our scarcity mindset? How can we unlearn them?
- Week 2. How I relate to myself and to others. My values and boundaries, love languages and connection style.
- Week 3. Dealing with jealousy, expressing authentically and arguing compassionately.
- Week 4. The abundance mindset: challenging relationship heterodoxy and discovering the myriad ways for connection and relationships.
Benefits of the course include
- Four core workshops (8 hours total)
- Handout at end of the course with resources for additional practice via articles, videos, podcasts and books
- Recording of all workshops
- Presentation content of all workshops as a PDF
- 25% discount on counselling or coaching sessions with Roy for 12 months
- Places are confirmed with a deposit or full payment.
- Paying in installments can be discussed.
- Full refund if cancelled up to 72 hours prior to start.
- 10% admin fee, if cancelled less than 72 hours before.