Create and maintain conscious, connected and autonomous relationships, respecting yours and your partners’ boundaries and embracing a mindset of abundance in your connections.
With every relationship I have, be it romantic or friendship, I want to ask: Is my autonomy preserved? Am I consciously present? Do I feel connected?
Being raised on a diet of monogamous romantic fantasies, most people develop a mythological sense of what healthy relationships look like. Once we recognise love as separate from ‘meeting needs’, we are on our path to a better way of loving ourselves and others. We can design our relationships in any way that makes sense to us and our partners.
If what society says we should be doing feels unnatural, then do it differently. Nothing is ‘default’ or ‘natural’, except what feels natural to us. When there is an internal struggle, it is often because we inherit a set of values and expectations from our community, family and tribe that are at odds with what we feel inside.
If you feel your heart resonating with any of these statements, this course is for you.
- I wish to approach my relationships consciously and with an open heart.
- I have been stuck in a pattern of relationships that seemed promising at first, but fizzled out or exploded.
- I am feeling stuck in my current relationship, or struggling to reach the level of deep connection and intimacy that I desire.
- I do not know if I am suitable to an open style of relating but wish to find out.
- Myself and/or my partner considered opening up the relationship but are not sure how to proceed.
- I want to approach relationships from an abundance mindset instead of a scarcity one.
This course is for anyone who wants to build healthy, meaningful relationships, regardless of gender, orientation, sexual identity etc. After all, the basic principles of good communication, healthy boundaries, honesty and respect apply to all.
What is included in the course?
We meet for a 2 hour workshop, once a week for 4 weeks.
- Week 1. What are the monogamyths that help create our scarcity mindset? How can we unlearn them?
- Week 2. How I relate to myself and to others. My values and boundaries, love languages and connection style.
- Week 3. Dealing with jealousy, expressing authentically and arguing compassionately.
- Week 4. The abundance mindset: challenging relationship heterodoxy and discovering the myriad ways for connection and relationships.
Course fees: £159 per person (low-wage/student £119)
The next open group course will begin in early 2022.
You can reserve a place now, contact me to be alerted when the start date is announced, or to discuss paying by instalments.